The System Engineering Group is responsible for analysing and developing product requirements for our current and future range of backhaul and access network solutions. The role requires taking responsibility for defining the capabilities, performance and detailed operation of 4G and 5G solutions, with an emphasis on the OSS/EMS/NMS support for 5G NR operations. From stakeholder requirements, design and specify Orchestration, Automation and Management functionalities to a sufficient level of detail to enable an efficient realization.
Our Client has a growing portfolio customer and product requirements that encompass 4G, 5G, WiFi and proprietary technologies for private, public and commercial operators and enterprises.
This role includes designing and partitioning complex systems; defining and verifying sub-system specifications. Product management interaction to understand their technical needs and help solve their technical problems to define The companies products and strategic concepts as well as supporting them with detailed technical workshops and network design.
Whether you are about to complete your postgraduate studies, or you are a seasoned wireless systems engineering professional looking for a new challenge, the companies would like to hear from you.
Requirements Development and Management:
Working closely with stakeholders, analyse and translate customer requirements into system design specifications detailing network management requirements. This will include auto-configuration that stems from the NE, which triggers location specific logic to be applied on the node. Be a source of expert level technical knowledge to fulfil these requirements.
Work with Product Management (PLM) to understand customer priorities as the industry moves towards rolling out new 5G services and features. Researching emerging topics, techniques, features and services as required. Support PLM roadmap activities towards defining the impact of 5G NR on existing product lines, along with helping to identify new opportunities. Provide expert knowledge on the OSS. Provide support for technical marketing activities.
Ensure all system aspects, interfaces and components are suitably documented.
Providing oversight & acting as a consultant on expected system behaviour to Test and Verification teams. Review & sign-off on system verification plans and test results.
Lead/participate in technical architecture activities for system definition including analysing 3GPP/ONAP/O-RAN specifications, establishing performance measures and well-defined interfaces. Be an end-to-end systems specialist, identify problems & challenges and be able to find appropriate solutions. Develop long-term strategy through understanding customer challenges and industry trends.
Work with product management to understand, discuss and product level requirements. Build & maintain requirements traceability. Provide support for RFI / RFQ responses.
- Requirements Management
- ONAP, ETSI NFV, Kubernetes (Container) Interface
- 5G NR Operations and Management (OAM)
- Deployment/Configuration of 5G NR Solutions
Significant (Demonstrable) exposure in some of the following:
- Knowledge or experience related to ONAP, ETSI NFV, ORAN, 3GPP, Kubernetes, OpenStack, PNF/VNF/CNF management Interface protocols, e.g. NETCONF, RESTful APIs (RESTCONF), HTTP, XML, Kafka, Syslog, gRPC, OMA-DM
- Knowledge or experience related to JSON, XML, YANG, YAML, TOSCA
- Network Virtualization including Public and Private Cloud design and architecture
- Design related to management (orchestration, assurance, and optimisation) of 4G/5G Networks (CPE, RAN, Core)
- Design related to management (orchestration, assurance, optimisation) of Backhaul Networks (WiFi, mmWave, , others).
- Atlassian JIRA/Confluence toolset
- Architecting products related to data analytics and insights
- Experience with GUI design and architecture a bonus
- Experience in the design and realization of IP networks
- Network Security knowledge
- Network Engineering Skills
- Use case analysis
- MSc, PhD in a relevant area of study preferred
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree, together with relevant skills and experience will also be considered.
- Team player
- Excellent communicator
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic and changing environment